Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria.

I had the great pleasure to interview local author Eve Brown-Waite. Random House recently published her wonderful memoir "First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria...." and she has been working hard to promote it. Eve is a fascinating woman and I highly recommend her book. It is about how she met her husband John Waite when he was a recruiter for the Peace Corps, and she joined up. Hijinks ensue and I would hate to be a spoiler to anyone who hasn't read it yet, so I hesitate to say more than to strongly encourage you to pick up a copy for yourself. It is also the kind of book that makes a great present. I hope Oprah Winfrey invites Eve on her own show. Oprah has a few more viewers than I do, and I want to share Eve with as wide an audience as possible.

In other news, election day is June 9th and I have Town Counselor Tim Farrell lined up to appear on June 11. I suspect that our conversation will discuss the results. Tim is a very thoughtul Counselor, and I have been looking forward to interviewing him for quite awhile.

Lately the proposed Bio-Mass plant has been generating interest and I have to say that I'm conflicted. I hope to discuss the topic with future guests and I hope the people of Greenfield can have a civil discussion and arrive at a solution or approach that rises above the polemics of the big box issue. That being said, I hope to have Al Norman back on the show to update and educate us regarding the proposed big box debacle.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to hear more about your views and any new information you might have on the proposed Biomass Plant!
    JRRoy

    ReplyDelete